AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Can't set up the dish on the different satellites anymore!!! please help

Go down

Can't set up the dish on the different satellites anymore!!! please help

Post  gman67 on Sun May 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I've had my MAXX 1000 for over a year and always worked perfectly, well I lost a couple of times the satellites position settings but always managed to set them back up again.

However this morning, I was watching TV and it suddenly froze when I wanted to change of satellite: it froze on"Dish is moving onto Hotbird" and stayed like this. I tried to change of a satellite but froze too on the same message.

I tried to set up the dish motor with different satellites but the dish does not move at all. However the motor isn't broken because it moves when I am on TV mode and change of channel although there is still no channel coming on when the dish stop on its position.
This box is on the blink!Sad

Does anyone know this problem? Could you please help me ?

Do you know if there is any way to reset the box and how?

Thanks in advance,

gman67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun May 16, 2010 6:03 pm

hi sorry to hear about your problem first of all i would try another reciever ask a friend to borrow theres see if the signal comes on or connect reciever to a fixed dish one that you know is working. This way u can diagnose wether it is the reciever or the dish at fault. If this dosent work and its the reciever at fault try a total reset option is on menu however this will delete all your saved channel lists and may revert bk to previous software. If its the dish u can check the cable and f connectors are ok and reset the motor itself by pressing in the reset button on the motor but you will have set the dish up again it could be that the dish as moved slighlty and is not locking onto the signal if it thinks its at say hotbird it will stop there but may be a degree or so out and hence no signal. In this case a satellite meter is handy or a neighbours satellite dish point it in the same direction and adjust left or right to lock signal on hope this is of help first step will tell u wether it is reciever or dish.

thanks
admin

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://maxx1000.ace.st

Back to top Go down

thanks admin

Post  gman67 on Tue May 18, 2010 3:08 pm

thank you for your advices. I tried again to set the dish and that worked this time. I managed to set up hotbird, astra but couldn't find the signal of eutelsat, besides I couldn't find the signal even before (it might be a problem somewhere because my friend who s got the same box has the same prob). However, when I tried finally to set up thor 0.8 w, I couldn't find the signal but on top of that, i lost all other position settings for the other satellites that I had just set.

I am wondering if the dish has not moved a bit up there on the wallmount and when I try to set thor, the dish goes to the end stop and unset the position settings.

In fact, I have been thinking, it's each time i go on thor that my box lose the satellite position settings

Thanks

gman67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

check your mount

Post  Admin on Tue May 18, 2010 4:41 pm

thanks for reply well at least your dish is working and motor. have u checked pole is level? if its tracking hotbird and astra fine and its dropping when it gets to eutelsat and thor so i would check your dish and motor elevation is correct you can use online calculator do a search in google for it get correct values see if that does the job

admin

p.s also make sure your long and latitude are inputted in your motor settings and using usals

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://maxx1000.ace.st

Back to top Go down

Yeah I need to do that

Post  gman67 on Wed May 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Yeah, I need to check that. As I have astra and hotbird set up properly on the box and I am gonna move house in two weeks, I will do that when I fix it on the other house, paying attention to the pole level.

Thank you for sharing your expertise, its much appreciated

gman67

gman67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't set up the dish on the different satellites anymore!!! please help

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down